Nursery Guarantee for hardy trees & shrubs (not installed)
Kennedy’s confidence in our nursery stock is backed by a 1-year tree & shrub guarantee. Kennedy’s agrees to furnish nursery plants in top quality condition, true to name and to re-supply ONCE, at no charge to the customer, and at the same or no more than the original purchase value, any hardy to zone 6 tree, shrub, or evergreen which fails to survive for twelve months from the date of purchase provided that you:
1. Purchase the plant from Kennedy’s at full price. (Plants discounted more than 10% off the original price are not guaranteed)
2. Plant the plant in the ground and follow proper planting, maintenance, and weather protection procedures as outlined in Kennedy’s Planting Guidelines. (Our cashiers are instructed to staple a copy of your receipt with every tree and shrub purchase, but it is the responsibility of the customer to make sure both are received).
3. Report any problem with your plant to Kennedy’s AT THE FIRST SIGN OF SAME. We must be given an opportunity to provide corrective measures to try to save your plant.
4. Provide proof of purchase on any failed plant material. Kennedy’s provides all of our customers an original register receipt with every plant purchase and a copy of our Nursery Guarantee & Planting Instructions. It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain and keep a receipt showing your plant was purchased at Kennedy’s along with the name of the plant and the purchase price. If you gave your name to our cashier at the time of purchase, we may be able to look up your receipt under your name.
5. Return the failed plant in its existing condition to Kennedy’s. If it is too big or heavy to bring back, please provide pictures including close-ups of the leaves, stems, and roots. We would like to try and determine the cause of your problems so it does not happen to your next plant.
Excluded from our guarantee: annuals, perennials, roses, groundcovers, camellias, crape myrtle, evergreen magnolias, plants not planted in the ground, plants damaged by mechanical damage and abnormal weather or anything beyond our control.
In the spirit of good business practice, we try to be fair even to customers who do not follow all of the above steps. However, if you do not follow the above steps, we reserve the right to decline your guarantee.
Kennedy’s liability in no way will exceed the original purchase value.
Kennedy’s does not have a return policy on plants that are not trees & shrubs that fall under our tree & shrub guarantee. However, please make us aware right away of any issues you have with plant material purchased at Kennedy’s. It is always best to bring a problem plant back to Kennedy’s as soon as possible accompanied by your sales receipt. The next best thing is to take photographs to show to one of our experts. We can make no promise about a replacement or credit, but we will do our best to help you out and resolve any problem so that it does not happen for ou in the future.
Kennedy’sdoes not offer cash back on any living plant or perishable product. Store credit will be issued.
Non-Plant Return Policy
We allow money back returns on most non-plant items within 30 days of purchase when accompanied by an original Kennedy’s sales receipt. Items eligible for returns are items returned in their original saleable condition and can be can be put back out for sale. We do not except returns on customers orders, and other items that were made or cut to order such as ribbon & bows, burlap, weed fabric, water garden liner, etc. Open boxed items (such as pond pumps) can be returned if they are in the same saleable unused confdition, but they are subject to a 10% re-stocking fee.